Fifteen years ago, having a hygienic shower was exotic in a living space. Today you will hardly surprise anyone with this device. Without a doubt, using a shower for sanitizing intimate areas is much more comfortable, even when compared to a bidet.
First of all, it is recommended to decide whether you really need a shower for intimate hygiene. This device was designed to sanitize intimate areas after a visit to the washroom. On the territory of Russia, such equipment is extremely rare, but in the Middle East, things are completely different. Islam, which is the main religious doctrine, requires increased hygiene, and therefore more and more often a well-equipped bathroom is called the one where such a device with a shower head is present.
European countries are gradually adopting this trend for the installation of a hygienic shower. As for the West, the washroom is initially built to be very spacious, so the classic bidet is still in demand there.
Shower for intimate hygiene has a lot of positive aspects:
- practically no separate space is required for installation;
- much less time is spent on a hygienic procedure using a specialized shower than when using a regular shower;
- its cost is much lower than other plumbing devices;
- installation does not require special knowledge and skills;
- cleaning the bathroom will become much faster and more comfortable;
- such a device makes caring for a baby or an elderly person easier.
The placement of the product most often occurs on the wall. This is the most correct and so the standards of modern installation rules say. You can mount it in drywall, near, for example, a sink.
Today there are several options for a hygienic shower.
Each of them has its own characteristic features:
- A bidet is a plumbing fixture presented in the form of a nozzle mounted in the toilet bowl. The nozzle can be fixed in the structure of the toilet bowl or on a retractable fitting.
- The intimate shower can be attached to the bidet lid. The design itself can be operated with any toilet model, as it does not require permanent fixation, which makes this model extremely practical and convenient. For example, if you change your place of residence, you can take it with you. Many models are equipped with an electric drive.
- A wall -mounted shower is a concealed mounting option. To install such a device, you will need to purchase a mixer in which there is no spout.
The most popular models of shower equipment for intimate hygiene are products of the German brands Hansgrohe, Grohe, Kludi Bozz and the Italian brand Migliore. The listed manufacturers have produced a wide range of sanitary products in different price categories and with different technical features. The most expensive model is shower equipment, which is equipped with a mixer and a thermostat.
As for the size, not everything is so simple here. At the moment, there is no uniform standard size for all manufacturers. For each brand, you can choose those dimensions of plumbing equipment that are right for you. For example, a Hansgrohe hygienic shower with a water consumption of 7 liters per minute and a hose length of 160 centimeters will cost you 1,800 rubles. The equipment from the Grohe brand with a hose length of 125 centimeters and a water consumption of 2.5 liters per minute for one and a half thousand rubles will cost a little less.
The German brand offers to buy an external shower for intimate hygiene for 1650 rubles with a hose length of 125 cm and a water flow rate of 7-9 liters per minute. Well, the most expensive model is equipment from the Italian brand Migliore for 2800 rubles with a hose length of 150 centimeters and a water consumption of 7 liters per minute.
What do you need to connect?
This type of device is considered a compact addition to the design of an outdoor bidet. Often, its functionality is unlimited only by the implementation of intimate hygiene. All standard plumbing kits include faucets, shower hoses, sanitary heads and mounting plates. Additional sanitary fittings to the bidet structure can be installed on both sides.
An important role here is played by the location of the toilet in the bathroom and from which edge there will be the necessary access to the free space.
In the toilet, you can safely make a small shower. The main thing is to install and connect it correctly. After you have decided on a shower model for intimate hygiene, you need to make some manipulations before directly installing the work. First of all, it is necessary to visually determine the location of the future location of the shower equipment.
The optimal and standard height for installation is 600-800 mm from the floor surface. It is recommended to choose the height taking into account that the 150 cm long hose was completely in the air and did not touch the floor.
If you find it difficult to determine the location of the hygienic shower, then make a kind of "fitting". Namely, sit on the toilet lid and close your eyes, stretch your hand in the direction where it would be more convenient for you to use it. Mark this spot with a pencil. The most comfortable shower for intimate hygiene is a distance of 70-80 cm.
What to hang on?
So, there are several options for the location and fastening of the hygienic shower. These include the sink, tub, riser, and wiring. The best option is to install it next to the sink. A small washbasin will fit well on the surface of the toilet or in the corner of the bathroom. The only thing is that after each use of a hygienic shower, it will be necessary to close the valve. This will significantly extend the life of the shower equipment.
Do not forget that you will need to purchase a specialized faucet , which has a spout function and a shower head. This option is most preferable, as it excludes the possibility of all sorts of leaks. This will only happen if you forget to close the special tap on the mixer. With a washbasin, you can be sure to turn everything off.
How the installation work for the installation of a hygienic shower in the bathroom will take place will be determined after choosing its model. There are models that need a major overhaul of the bathroom, while others do not need to dismantle the wall surface or change the plumbing schemes. For example, the installation of a shower toilet follows the same system as the installation of an ordinary toilet. The only difference is that you need to supply water and install a mixer.
The water supply is connected by the following methods:
- the cold water pipe is connected to the ball valve, then to the flexible hose structure;
- a pipe with cold and hot water supply is connected to a built-in mixer, which allows the nozzle to supply already warm water;
- the pipe with cold and hot water supply is connected to a thermostat, which is pre-programmed for a fixed temperature regime.
A floor-standing bidet is very similar to an ordinary toilet and has practically no external differences. A wall-hung bidet involves mounting the cistern to a wall surface.
The installation work of shower equipment on a bidet lid requires the following algorithm:
- First of all, close the shut-off valves. This procedure will shut off the water supply to the toilet tank. Further, it is recommended to drain all the water in the tank.
- Carefully dismantle the hose, which is necessary for the water to flow into the toilet tank.
- Next, unfasten the toilet lid.
- Install the tee.
- Install the hose that is required to connect the tee to the toilet tank.
- Then it is recommended to insert the bolt into the plugs, and then into the base plates.
- Attach the base plates with bolts and plugs to the toilet support structure. Install the toilet support structure and fasten the bolts to the holes in the toilet.
- Secure the bolts securely at the base with a plastic washer or seal.
- Connect the tee to the support structure and check that the water supply is working properly.
Installation of a wall shower for intimate hygiene can be done using two methods - open and hidden.
For an open installation, not much effort and financial costs are required. In this case, the mixer is preliminarily fixed on the wall surface, after which the flexible hose is connected to the watering can. Next, the shower holder is attached. It is recommended to seal the hose, watering can and mixer with a sanitary gasket.
For installation by a hidden method in the surface, it is necessary to make a special hole, after which grooves are laid in it to bring hot and cold water supply to the mixing structure. And warm water will be supplied to the flexible shower hose. The hole in which the mixer is installed will later be masked by the finish. The last step is to install the joystick and connect the hose and watering can.
Installing an intimate shower with washbasin is the same as installing a conventional washbasin. It should be noted that not every mixer is suitable for this design. To do this, you will need to acquire a specialized plumbing product, in which there will be a spout and a hygienic shower itself. If you have a sink, you just need to replace the old mixer with a new device. For small bathrooms and toilets, manufacturers produce a corner model or one that can be conveniently placed above the toilet tank.
In order to prolong the life of the hygienic shower, it is recommended to regularly shut off the water supply system after each use. If this procedure is ignored, shut-off valves and supply hoses under significant water pressure can simply stop functioning.
In addition, the chosen height of installation of the shower equipment for intimate hygiene plays a huge role. It is required to select this indicator so that all family members are comfortable using this plumbing fixture. Often, a hygienic shower can be installed near a washbasin or toilet bowl.
Also consider such an indicator as length. You will need it when purchasing shower equipment in order to check the required size with which it will be comfortable to use.
Beautiful examples in the interior
Some intimate shower models require a separate sink in the bathroom. In addition, this model is one of the safest options in terms of all kinds of leaks. A very practical option, provided that the size of the bathroom allows the installation of a small sink. In addition, you will have access to the washbasin, which you can use after visiting the washroom.
A wall-mounted shower is a concealed installation option. To mount such a device, you must purchase a mixer in advance that does not have a spout. This type of shower equipment can be fixed on a relatively convenient wall surface and even drywall, since additional construction work is not required.
A bidet is a plumbing fixture in the form of a nozzle built into the toilet bowl. The nozzle can be mounted in the toilet bowl body structure or on a retractable fitting. Often people prefer to use a bidet, compact washbasin, or a basket for already used toilet paper. Place the bidet next to the toilet for more comfortable use.
For more information on the hygienic shower, see the video below.