Nowadays, the choice of functional and beautiful wall lamps is striking in its diversity. Not so long ago, very convenient and mobile devices that do not have wires appeared on the market. With the help of such lamps, you can provide very high quality and pleasant lighting in the room.
Features, advantages and disadvantages
Modern and high-tech battery-powered devices do not require additional power supplies. That is why you can turn to such items in cases where it is not possible to use electricity or there are constantly difficulties with its supply. Battery-powered wall-mounted lighting devices have a number of advantages, for which they have become widespread and popular with buyers:
- First of all, the compact size of such lamps should be noted. Due to its modest dimensions, this device can be used both as the main and as an auxiliary light source. The second option is especially useful in cases when you need to highlight hard-to-reach places. For example, this can be the space behind upholstered furniture or dark corners in large wardrobes and wardrobes.
- Modern manufacturers produce a lot of different options for wall lamps. They differ from each other not only in design, but also in designs and technical characteristics.
- Many people buy such devices because of the ability to connect motion sensors to them. Models with such additions are most often used in dachas and country houses, as well as in special guarded objects, apartment buildings and office buildings.
- Quality wall lights with batteries are durable and durable. They are not subject to mechanical damage. In addition, such devices are not afraid of harsh weather conditions, which makes them irreplaceable assistants in the arrangement of the courtyards of private houses.
- Also these lights and sconces are incredibly economical as they run on batteries.
- The wall light can be used as a small night light. Modern manufacturers produce not only strict and laconic, but also very funny models made in the form of animals and plants. Such products are especially relevant if a child lives in an apartment / house.
- Installing a wall light is very easy and quick. It can be easily moved to another place without any extra effort and time.
- As a rule, battery-powered mobile lights can be installed on any surface. Most models have a light intensity adjustment function.
Using such devices, you can at any time change the level of their brightness at your discretion.
However, such devices also have their drawbacks. Batteries are a big plus for wall lights, but they also bring some inconvenience during their use, because sooner or later such power sources run out and stop working. In these situations, the only solution to the problem is to replace the batteries. In most cases, it is necessary to remove the device from the wall to make a replacement.
Another disadvantage of wireless lamps is the quality of the materials from which they are made. Most often, such lighting devices are made from artificial and cheap raw materials.
The modern lighting market is replete with a variety of models with different designs and functionality. Let's take a closer look at what models can be found on store shelves today:
- The most common are small wall lights. Most often they are used as an additional lighting device. However, such products can also successfully cope with the decorative load. A small wireless lamp can be used to create a cozy and romantic atmosphere.
- Recently, multifunctional lamps with a motion sensor have been in great demand . Such models are especially relevant for use in open areas. They are small so as not to attract too much attention.
- If you are looking for an original and beautiful lamp, then you should take a closer look at the candlestick wall options . Most often, recreation areas and reading books are equipped with similar models. They can be installed over a bed, sofa or armchair. Candle lamps are also often used as an attractive night light ..
- The wireless underwater luminaires are durable and waterproof . Such options can be installed outdoors or used to illuminate the pool and any other body of water on the site. For such purposes, cordless devices are best suited. Mobile wall lights are often used for outdoor lighting.
- If we are talking about street walls in a large area, then in this case it would be advisable to use autonomous devices with a remote control. Using such systems, you can remotely control the lighting of the site.
- Surface mounted rechargeable lamps are distinguished by their miniature dimensions . It is these devices that are most often supplemented with Velcro fasteners. With these simple fixings, devices can be fixed to any accessible surface. Do not just fix the specimens with Velcro to walls covered with wallpaper or a fragile / dilapidated base.
The main technical characteristics of wireless wall lamps include their dimensions and the type of light bulb. Also, such devices can have different levels of brightness. Other characteristics:
- Another of the most important characteristics of battery-powered light bulbs is their lifespan. When purchasing such a convenient and mobile device, you need to pay attention to the capacity of the rechargeable batteries that are installed in it. This indicator directly affects their durability and charging frequency.
- Typically, wireless wall-mounted luminaires are compact and lightweight. Most often, these models are attached using special brackets. However, the simplest are Velcro fasteners.
You can easily and quickly install the device from such elements, but over time, the Velcro loses its adhesive properties and ceases to perform its main function.
- Wireless wall luminaires come in various designs. The choice of the optimal and suitable option should depend on the type of room in which you plan to install this small lighting fixture. Today in stores you can find not only laconic and strict, but also bright color options.
- Today, improved luminaires are often found in which a choice of lighting mode is provided. Using such options, you can not only change the intensity of the luminous flux, but also switch between flashing and constant lighting.
Today, there are some of the most popular and easy-to-use wireless lights. Let's get to know them better:
- A modern battery- powered device called "Nanosvet" is in great demand . It has a small size, so it can be installed even in hard-to-reach places. This useful and mobile device is a bright LED lamp with 5 diodes. For the operation of such a product, 3 AAA batteries are required, with the help of which "Nanosvet" can function continuously for 100 hours.
- A small lamp based on LED technology - Ellum Sollar - is universal. This model emits a soft and pleasant light that does not irritate the eyes. The Ellum Sollar body is made from a combination of wood and plastic. It is worth noting the attractive design of this piece, made in a modern way.
- The convenient YG-6820 lamp can be installed on both vertical and horizontal surfaces . It contains modern LEDs of the latest generation. It is permissible to use this thoughtful model as a stand-alone lighting fixture in any type of room. The diffuser YG-6820 is made of polycarbonate.
How to choose?
Convenient and compact battery-powered lamps should be selected in accordance with their technical parameters:
- It is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the device. The level of illumination of a private house, yard or apartment directly depends on this parameter. If you plan to use such a lamp as a regular flashlight, then it is recommended to choose miniature products or models in the form of glowing stripes.
- An important role is played by the power level of the device. The degree of brightness of the device lighting depends on this indicator. The power parameters of these lamps range from 1300 to 2300 lumens.
- When choosing a wall lamp without wires, you should pay attention to the strength of its luminous flux. The degree of brightness and power of an autonomous lighting device depends on this important parameter.
- Consider the scattering power of the luminaire.
- Pay attention to the type of LEDs present in the wireless light. Their differences are primarily in the level of light emission.
- The type of power supply used is also important. The service life of the device depends on the battery model.
- It is recommended to purchase lighting devices that are protected from the ingress of dust and moisture. These characteristics are especially important when it comes to devices for outdoor lighting, since they are regularly exposed to adverse influences from the external environment.
Pay attention to the operating mode of the wireless light. Modern manufacturers produce models with uniform light emission and brightness adjustment function.
See below for an overview and unpacking of the NanoSvet battery-powered lamp.