Computer tables are indispensable attributes of every home today. Such a widespread and enviable popularity such interior items won due to the fact that the life of a modern person is inextricably linked with computer technology, for which a separate place is needed.
However, the choice of high-quality computer tables largely depends not only on their configuration and design, but also on their size.
Nowadays, you can't do without a computer desk. These pieces of furniture are special in that they can be used in a wide variety of environments. It can be either a city apartment or a private house, or a small or large office, as well as a government or entertainment institution. Thanks to multitasking, such furniture can be safely called universal.
Moreover, such designs are often located both in adults and children's bedrooms, because today even the youngest users playfully master the corresponding technique. A well-chosen computer desk is perfect for both work and play and relaxation. These interior items are multifunctional, since they can be used not only for working with a laptop or stationary PC.
Models with large and spacious worktops are often divided into two halves. One of them is assigned directly to the computer, and the second becomes a writing area. As a rule, such tables have impressive dimensions, but they are very convenient to use.
Such common and demanded furniture finds its place in almost any room of the home. This can be not only a serious study or a schoolchild's bedroom, but also a living room, a library and even a kitchen (if we are talking about a studio apartment).
It should be as convenient as possible to work and study at such a table, so modern furniture factories produce many options with a very different structure, as well as various indicators of length, height and width.
These parameters play one of the most important roles in choosing a suitable model of a computer desk.
The fact is that, working behind a design of the wrong size, the user will be very uncomfortable and uncomfortable. Moreover, the constant use of such tables can cause significant harm to human health. So, working on a model that is too low, you will have to constantly bend over and push the body forward, which over time can lead to severe curvature of the spine and stoop, let alone the aching pain sensations that can become your constant companions.
You need to take the dimensions of the computer desk that you plan to buy for your child no less seriously. It is very important here to pay attention not only to the width and length of the countertop, but also to the height of the structure as a whole. If you do not want to harm a growing body, then the computer desk for it must be selected correctly.
Of course, the choice of furniture of certain dimensions largely depends on how many items you plan to place on it. If there are not so many of them, then it is quite possible to get by with a compact model with a small tabletop.
If you are looking for a more spacious and spacious option, then its size should be appropriate.
How to calculate all sizes?
If you want to find out the correct parameters of a computer table, then you should turn to a simple mathematical formula that many buyers use today when choosing furniture:
- To independently calculate the height of a computer table, you need to perform the following actions: height (in centimeters) x 75 cm (standard height of PC tables) / 175 cm = structure height
- The width of the computer desk should not be too small. It is recommended to add another 30-40 cm to a specific parameter of a particular tabletop. Thus, you will provide extra space for bedside tables;
- The minimum correct depth of a computer model without superstructures is 45 cm.Of course, if there are other additional components in the structure, then this indicator may be greater, for example, 60 cm.The optimal depth of such furniture primarily depends on its structure and configuration.
Standards and popular dimensions
It is recommended to consider the standard dimensions of tables for PCs and laptops, starting from the most compact models. With the exception of the height, the rest of the parameters are subject to change without any restrictions.
As for the height, it plays one of the most important roles in the construction of such furniture. An incorrectly selected option can harm not only the spine, but also the user's eyesight, since the monitor on such a model will be at the wrong height. Mainly, the selection of the correct option depends on the position in which the person will sit behind it.
Experts say that while working at a computer desk, the body should remain in this position:
- back - straight;
- forearms - in a relaxed state;
- shoulders - not raised or tense;
- muscles are also relaxed;
- legs should be straight and on a special stand, shelf under the countertop or just on the floor.
The classic height of a computer desk is 750 mm (75 cm). It is calculated based on the average height of both sexes. So, the average height of men is 175 cm, and of women - 162 cm.
If the user's height is very small (150 cm) or, conversely, too impressive (190 cm), then in such cases the following solutions will be a real salvation:
- chairs with adjustable height;
- custom-made designs;
- table top with adjustable function.
As for the standard width of a computer desk, there are several of the most popular options:
- corner options have a traditional width of 160-170 cm;
- narrow tables are available with a width of 120-135 cm;
- classic straight varieties have a standard width of 100 cm.
However, the width of the structure depends on several important factors:
- the minimum is 60-70 cm, and the maximum is 80-95 cm;
- the compartment for the system unit should take at least 20-30 cm;
- preliminarily take away the free space for placing the curbstone and add another 30-40, 45 cm to the whole structure;
- products of an angular structure must have a rotary tabletop space of 50-60 cm.
Another important parameter of a computer desk is its depth. The main dimensions of the entire structure as a whole largely depend on it.
When calculating this part, the following nuances should be taken into account:
- tables that do not have superstructures, as a rule, have a depth of at least 45 cm;
- structures in which additional superstructures are present have a depth of 60-70 cm;
- corner specimens equipped with shelves most often have a depth exceeding 85 or 90 cm.
Many consumers are faced with the fact that none of the standard computer desk models are suitable for them. In such cases, you should not panic and get upset. Fortunately, many manufacturers today offer custom-made furniture services. So, you can come with your own sketch and measurements in order to order the ideal design of optimal dimensions. Of course, such products often cost more than popular display cases, but in this case the end justifies the means, because as a result you will get the most convenient and comfortable computer desk.
In addition, multifunctional designs with adjustment are very popular today. They are in enviable demand not only because they can be easily adjusted for a person of any height and configuration, but also because they can be selected even for a compact dwelling and save free space.
Adjustable are the table supports, the tabletops themselves and the monitor stands. If you combine such furniture with comfortable adjustable chairs, the result is a versatile tandem that all family members can work with, each time adjusting functional designs.
Modern manufacturers produce a great variety of computer tables with different structures and functional components of the complete set. Let's take a closer look at the most popular and demanded options that are found in many homes today:
- Direct. These products are among the most popular, as they were the first on the furniture market. Most of these designs have spacious rectangular countertops. They can be placed along a free wall in the room, thereby freeing up free space in the central part. It is recommended to arrange straight tables so that they do not block the passage and do not interfere with free movement in the room, since the presence of sharp corners of such furniture can lead to painful blows;
- Corner. These models are the second most popular. Their main advantage is that they save space in the room, since they can be placed in a free corner. In addition, in them, as a rule, the system unit can be moved a little further without cluttering the workspace. All items on the corner table top always remain accessible;
- Diagonal. Today, such models are enviable because they look original and are very convenient to use, which is noted by many buyers who have forked out for such designs. At these tables, the user can be diagonally, and his face is directed to the corner. Often, miniature mini-tables have a similar structure. Their disadvantage is the lack of functionality. Bedside tables, as a rule, are present under the main cover of these models, and there are no pull-out elements at all.
Diagonal structures most often have small countertops. The length of the side part in them can be as little as 60-70 cm, but there are also more compact options. These tables are rarely equipped with superstructures. Much more often in them you can find small bedside tables with drawers.
- Diagonally perpendicular. Sitting at such computer tables, the user's face is directed to the corner, but he will always have the opportunity to turn to the wall or towards the window opening (perpendicular). These options most often have considerable dimensions, so it is not recommended to buy them for small dwellings. However, it should be noted that diagonally perpendicular tables differ in functionality. They often have useful compartments with drawers, roll-out or built-in pedestals, superstructure shelves and other practical parts;
- Rack. Thoughtful designs of computer tables, in which there is an additional rack, are very popular today. Most often, such options are of considerable size, but they should not frighten and repel the buyer. The fact is that having such furniture in your room, you can save money on buying a drawer or bookshelves, because you will already have a rack combined with a computer desk.
Examples in the interior
Today, every consumer has the opportunity to choose the perfect computer desk that will organically fit into his home. In this case, it does not matter at all in what style the furnishings are made. It can be both timeless classics and shocking avant-garde.
Corner designs of computer tables are very popular today. They often combine several different colors at once. For example, the main body can be snow white, and the drawer doors can be dark chocolate. Such a model will look interesting, even if it has compact dimensions.
You can put such a table in a rough light gray loft-style room with a milky gray parquet floor, laconic wall paintings and a dark round carpet on the floor.
If you like minimalistic yet stylish ensembles, then you should look for a simple folding table with a crisp white top and wooden supports. Opposite it, it is recommended to put a small chair in a similar design (with a white back and seat, as well as a wooden frame). Such a simple, but stylish tandem will look great against the background of a window with light roman blinds. As for the wall decoration, it should also be light. On the floor, you should put a dark laminate.
Lovers of modern and progressive ensembles should look in stores for unusual laptop tables with straight wooden tabletops and painted metal frames. Such designs can be supplemented with angular high chairs with a full-length cover. As for the decoration of the walls and floor, such furniture will look harmonious against the background of dark walls with imitation of wooden bars and snow-white carpet.
If you bought a black computer desk (any: corner, straight, trapezoidal), then you should know that you cannot put it in a dark room. It is better to place such a model in a room with light or pale walls (both monochromatic and striped) and fill it with white computer equipment. Lay caramel parquet on the floor. If there is a window at the table, then it should be covered with light curtains in pleasant colors, for example, pale pink or orange.
As for the chair, it is recommended to put snow-white models on metal frames near the black table.
A charming writing desk with free space for a laptop and convenient add-ons with wardrobes will be the perfect solution for a student's room. For example, an attractive pale beige model with soft green details will find its place in a cozy corner with pale pink walls, a snow-white seamless floor and a light ceiling. Next to such furniture, a plastic chair on wheels and abstraction wall images will look organic.
A delicate beige rectangular structure with tall superstructures and a slightly curved table top will perfectly complement the delicate blueberry wall decoration and rough brown laminate with dark splashes. To advantageously emphasize the shade of the walls, you can pick up a metal chair with a purple seat and back, as well as arrange decorative details of similar tones on this territory.
Hang white curtains or blinds on the windows, and dilute the ensemble with live plants in pots.
A computer desk with a shelving unit can be used not only as a working area, but also to divide the space with it. Most often, owners of studio apartments turn to such techniques. For example, a light wood model with an open shelving unit can enclose a living area with a green and yellow sofa. Unusually and fresh, such furniture will look against the background of snow-white wallpaper under a medium-sized brick or stone, as well as a rich chocolate floor, finished with a semi-gloss laminate.
You can learn how to make a computer desk with your own hands from the video below.