One of the most comfortable and cozy things is the stove. What else will help in the preparation of aromatic soup, rich porridge, pizza or delicious pastries and tea if not her. With its help, you can prepare a delicious and impressive table with different dishes that the whole family will gather to eat. Stoves entered our life many years ago and are irreplaceable helpers in every home, without exception.
Who sets the expiration date?
Today there are fully electric stoves, gas-electric stoves and gas stoves. And also the stoves are solid and separate - a hob and an oven. Most often, gas stoves are installed, since the latter have a number of advantages: it heats up very quickly, when compared with an electric stove, you can use any utensils for cooking, gas is cheaper than electricity. Both in the apartment and in another room, you can use gas appliances only if they are in good working order and they have not expired.
The service life of the gas stove is set by the manufacturer, depending on its component parts. The manufacturer relies on the norms of laws and by-laws - these are GOSTs and government decrees. At different times, regulations and terms of operation have changed. In the days of the USSR, for a very long time, the service life of gas household equipment, to which the gas stove belongs, was determined by the corresponding GOST and was initially 4 years, since the stove and parts for it were still not of good quality and were dangerous to use for more than this period. Yes, earlier the requirements for manufactured products were stricter.
However, GOST R50696-94 changed the service life by 14 years, which made life much easier for manufacturers. And the materials from which they were made have improved. Today in Russia there is a new GOST R50696-2006 and Government Decree No. 720, which determine that the maximum service life of such household appliances is 20 years.
Standard and actual indicators
It is understandable with the normative indicators of 20 years. The manufacturer can set the service life independently within the above limits. The average service life is indicated as 10-14 years. This period depends on the intensity of use of gas equipment, its maintenance, stove materials, the quality of the supplied gas and the quality of detergents, and much more.
In fact, with correct and careful operation and use for several hours a day for one family, the stove can serve up to 40 years.
What prolongs and what reduces the service life?
The lifespan of the slab will depend not only on the materials used, but also on a number of the following factors:
- the stove should not be in a room with high humidity; in damp rooms, metal and other parts deteriorate faster;
- in case of malfunctions, immediately call the master, and not use the electrical appliance until it breaks down;
- after the expiration of the service life, annually call a foreman to diagnose the operation of the stove and replace the necessary parts;
- regularly wash the stove after cooking, as the nozzles can clog over time and their service life will be noticeably reduced;
- do not pour detergent onto the burners, as a chemical reaction may take place, ignition and other elements may oxidize and work either incorrectly or stop working altogether;
- if the gas is of poor quality, then it is necessary to periodically clean the nozzles, since this will affect their service life, and the dishes will not be so covered with soot;
- operation in compliance with the tips for using the plate will extend the service life;
- it is necessary to ensure that the oven doors close tightly, because this is very important during the operation of the oven and affects its service life;
- do not disconnect the stove from the outlet if the thermoelectric protection system is triggered, blocking the gas supply in the absence of fire - this is dangerous to life; call the master for repair;
- each burner is designed for an average of 11,000 transitions, after which it must be replaced without fail; if at least one knob of the burner does not work, the use of the stove is prohibited;
- monitor the integrity of the gas supply hose to the stove; in normal mode, its service life is 20 years, but if scuffs or other damage to its integrity appear, it must be replaced.
When should you change the stove?
In Soviet times, employees of gas services came and monitored the performance of gas appliances at the residents according to the plan drawn up by them. These services were included in utility bills.
Gas service workers checked the stove for operability of its elements, gas leakage and, if necessary, replaced the necessary parts. To date, such a duty is entrusted to the homeowner, who for the first time calls the workers of gas services to connect gas appliances and then annually must call the foreman to check the operation of the stove and the issue of gas leaks. And also the homeowner is obliged to make the necessary repairs of gas equipment at his own expense.
I am glad that with proper use, as a rule, there is nothing to break during the life of the plate.
Each gas appliance is registered with the gas service and, upon examination, the workers issue the owner with an order to repair or replace the stove, and also give a period for eliminating these problems. If the owner does not respond to their demand, they have the right to turn off the gas from the apartment until the violations are eliminated. The same applies to cases when the owners, for whatever reason, do not allow gas service workers to check the performance of gas equipment annually. The gas stove must be replaced in several cases.
- Holes have formed in the oven. There is wear and tear and this fact is a danger to humans. After all, if holes from high temperature have formed in the metal, then it can be the same with gas supply hoses and pipes.
- If the master has recently repaired the stove and the problem repeats in it, then most likely the equipment is worn out and cannot be replaced.
- If even after examining the master and eliminating the possible cause, you hear the smell of gas. Everything is simple here. The cooker is outdated, does not hold pressure and is dangerous to use.
- If the burner periodically goes out and you have to set it on fire again and the master cannot determine the cause. Dangerous to use.
- Very old plates are subject to mandatory replacement, as they can hardly withstand the pressure that is supplied to consumers today. This is usually found in houses of the 60s of the twentieth century, where retirees live, who cannot or do not want to change the stove.
Important! Perhaps we have not covered all cases when the stove needs to be replaced. Use common sense and understand that gas is dangerous. If you have any doubts, you need to call the master and then make a decision, remembering the value of your life and the life of your relatives.
To replace the stove, you can use the services of a private company that is certified to work with gas equipment or services of the state gas service. A private company will arrive faster, put its own marks and even seals. But there is one nuance - it will be necessary to call the employees of the state gas service - for sealing with state seals, checking for leaks and registering the stove. This service is paid. If these conditions are not met, the owner faces a very large fine and it is even possible to disconnect him from the gas. The same sanctions await him in case of unauthorized replacement of a gas appliance and breaking the seal.
These precautions are not taken by chance, because the gas is highly explosive and flammable. Therefore, you need to think about those around you, whom the owner can endanger.
In general, in some cities there is a program to replace gas stoves with new ones free of charge in separate housing stock for certain categories of citizens. The program is designed to ensure the safety of residents. Therefore, it is useful to go to your local gas service and find out more about this program. Suddenly it is your home, family composition, or health condition that qualifies for this program. According to the same program, gas equipment is being repaired for residents with big discounts or even free of charge.
The program is all-Russian, it is only necessary to find out which houses and categories of citizens fall under it. The gas stove can serve for a long time, after its service life it can be maintained with preventive maintenance. However, it should be thrown away when worn out will pose a real danger to humans.
For information on the features of operation and the timing of replacing the gas stove, see the next video.