Despite the versatility and practicality of modern TVs, only a few of them are equipped with a built-in high quality sound system. Otherwise, you need to connect additional equipment to get a clear and spacious sound. Most users opt for wireless headphones. This is a practical way to get the sound you need without using a large speaker system. Synchronization of TV receiver and headset has certain peculiarities.
What is necessary?
The list of required devices to synchronize the TV and headphones will differ depending on the individual characteristics of each model. If you use a modern and multifunctional TV for pairing, equipped with all the necessary wireless modules, then you will not need additional equipment. To connect, it will be enough to perform certain actions and configure the equipment.
If you need to sync your wireless headset with an older TV that doesn't have the required transmitters, you'll need a special adapter to work. This kind of wireless device can be found in almost any electronics store at an affordable price. Outwardly, it resembles an ordinary USB flash drive.
An additional device is connected to the TV via the USB port, which may also not be available on older TV receivers. In this case, you need to purchase a transmitter. It is connected via an audio cable. Synchronizing the wireless headset with the TV via the transmitter is as follows.
- The transmitter is placed in the TV audio jack. It is also possible to connect to the "tulip" using the appropriate adapter.
- Next, you need to turn on the headphones and start the wireless module.
- Enable search for new equipment in the transmitter. Synchronization between devices must happen on its own.
- The equipment is now ready for use.
Bluetooth connection instructions
Wireless headphones can be connected to TVs of the popular LG brand in various ways. The main feature of TV receivers from this manufacturer is that they run on a unique webOS operating system. Therefore, the process for connecting the headset to LG TVs is different from that used for other brands. Experts strongly recommend using only branded headphones from the above manufacturer for synchronization. Otherwise, synchronization may not be possible.
Connection via settings
The first pairing method, which we will consider, is performed according to this scheme.
- First you need to open the settings menu. The easiest way to do this is by pressing the appropriate button on the remote control.
- The next step is to open the "Sound" tab. Here you need to activate the item called "LG Sound Sync (wireless)".
- Turn on the headphones. They should work in pairing mode.
Note: the built-in Bluetooth technology, which modern LG TV models are equipped with, is primarily designed to connect additional branded gadgets and a remote control. When pairing the headphones, you may experience system malfunctions. In this case, it is recommended to use an optional Bluetooth adapter.
Synchronization via code
If the above option did not work, you can proceed as follows.
- Open the "Settings" section on your TV. Next is the "Bluetooth" tab.
- You need to select the "Bluetooth headset" item and confirm the performed action by pressing the "OK" button.
- To start the search for gadgets suitable for pairing, click on the green button.
- The name of the wireless headphones should appear in the list that opens. We select it and confirm the action through "OK".
- The final stage is entering the code. It should be indicated in the instructions for the wireless device. This is how manufacturers secure the connection.
In order for the headphones to appear in the list of connected devices, they must be turned on and put into pairing mode.
Using the program
To make the control process of the TV receiver simpler and more understandable, a special application has been developed. With its help, you can not only run various functions, but also monitor the process of their implementation and connect equipment to the equipment. LG TV Plus is designed for two operating systems - iOS and Android. You can use the program only with TVs that run on the WebOS platform, version - 3.0 and higher. Legacy systems are not supported. Using the app, you can pair your TV receiver with any Bluetooth device.
The work is carried out according to the following scheme.
- You can download the application to your smartphone through a special service. For Android OS users, this is Google Play. For those who use Apple branded products (iOS mobile operating system) - App Store.
- After downloading and installing, you need to go to "Settings" and select "Bluetooth Agent".
- The next item is "Device selection".
- The enabled headset should appear in the Available Devices list. After that, we select the necessary device and wait for the program to independently pair.
Note: download the LG TV Plus program only from the official resource available for users of a specific operating system. Downloading an application from a third-party resource can lead to incorrect operation of the equipment and other undesirable consequences.
How to connect to TV via Wi-Fi?
In addition to headphones with built-in Bluetooth modules, Wi-Fi headphones occupy a special place in the range of wireless gadgets. Due to the absence of wires, they are convenient to use, however, wireless Internet is required to connect. The connection and setup of such a headset depends on the TV model and its specifications. The main feature of such headphones is that they can work over a long distance - up to 100 meters. However, this is only possible when using an additional router that acts as an amplifier.
To make the connection, the TV receiver must be equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module. Its presence indicates the ability to synchronize with several external gadgets at once. Pairing can be done through a router or directly between equipment. The distance at which a technique works depends on many factors, including the novelty of the technique, signal strength, and so on. High-quality signal amplifiers that are used to extend this distance can transmit sound with little or no compression.
- You need to turn on your wireless headphones and start the Wi-Fi module. Depending on the model, you must either hold down the power button or press the corresponding key. For a successful connection, the headset must be at the optimum distance from the TV.
- After opening the TV menu, you need to select the item responsible for the wireless connection and start searching for paired gadgets.
- As soon as the headphones appear in the list, you need to select them and click the "OK" button.
- Then you should check the device and set the optimal volume level.
The above instructions are for informational purposes only and describe the connection process in general terms. The procedure may differ depending on the TV and headphones used.
For information on how to connect wireless headphones to a TV, see the next video.