White is often used in interior design in different styles, because this color always looks advantageous. White furniture for the bedroom can provide solemnity or tranquility, peace.
Features and Benefits
White furniture is an excellent solution for decorating a bedroom in any style. Modern furniture manufacturers offer a large selection of models that allow each buyer to find a worthy option, taking into account their wishes.
A bright bedroom always looks spacious and fresh, so white furniture is very common in such rooms. Models with white gloss look spectacular and beautiful. Light-colored furniture has many advantages:
- A bedroom decorated with white items always visually looks more spacious. This color scheme is ideal for small rooms.
- White has many tones, which allows you to create a harmonious combination of shades for the embodiment of comfort and warmth. His tones are perfectly combined with each other.
- Many interior styles use white as a base.
- For snow-white furniture, you can select interior items in different colors.
- In an ensemble with a snow-white shade, practically every color looks very beautiful.
However, the use of white furniture has some disadvantages:
- Some buyers find white furniture uninteresting and monotonous.
- Some people dislike white furniture because they associate it with hospital rooms.
- Scratches and dirt are clearly visible on the surface of white furniture. She needs frequent and careful care.
Varieties of furniture
Today, many manufacturers of upholstered and cabinet furniture offer a bedroom set for furnishing bedrooms in different styles. You can find a luxurious version of a snow-white color, successful combinations with other colors.
A modern bedroom set usually consists of the following elements:
- Bed - it can be purchased separately or purchased together with other elements of the sleeping set. It acts as the main element when decorating a bedroom.
- The bench is the perfect addition to the bed. It can be presented in the same color and style as the bed, or slightly different.
- Wardrobe - often a bedroom set includes a spacious white wardrobe. Modern designers suggest using compact and convenient storage systems instead of a wardrobe, which are usually placed in places intended for bedside tables (or at the head of the bed). A cabinet in a niche is very convenient to use. It is custom made to save space in the room.
- Chest of drawers - this element is often included in a ready-made bedroom set. It will fit perfectly into the Provence style.
- Dressing table - adds sophistication and femininity to the bedroom. A mirror with a white frame looks very fashionable and fresh.
- Table and chair for the workplace - this furniture can be included in a bedroom set if it is divided into zones, one of which is set aside for work.
- Bedside tables - often presented in the same style as the bed, are compact and spacious.
Glossy furniture is often used to decorate the bedroom, attracting attention with its gloss and attractive appearance. Gloss is characterized by reflective properties, so designers advise using such furniture for small spaces. Gloss visually makes the room look bigger. Lacquered furniture makes the design more beautiful.
If we talk about the disadvantages of a glossy surface, then it is worth emphasizing that such furniture requires special care, it is characterized by fragility. There should be harmony in everything, so some bedroom items should be matte.
The most convenient option for decorating a bedroom is modular furniture, which includes a convenient storage system. A wide range of accessories allows you to quickly and easily select the necessary elements for the improvement of the bedroom.
A modular bedroom includes a large number of accessories that can be located in various places: around or above the bed, around the perimeter of the room or under the ceiling. The modular system allows efficient use of the entire space of the room.
A modular bedroom usually consists of a bed, shelving unit, sideboard, chest of drawers and a table. Everyone's favorite classic is snow-white furniture. She looks impressive and attractive. To add new colors and diversify the design of the bedroom, it is worth using contrasting colors for the ceiling, floor or walls.
What color of the walls is it combined with?
Designers recommend using white furniture for small bedrooms, since this color allows you to correct the room and make it visually more spacious. White looks perfect in an ensemble with many tones.
White furniture is often chosen for a children's room, but the color of the walls can be chosen depending on the preferences of the child. Pink wallpaper is suitable for a girl; for boys, you can decorate the walls in blue. If the children's room is small, then a white bed and wardrobe can be combined with white walls and a ceiling, and it is better to find the flooring in a natural shade.
White furniture with black elements is a timeless classic. She looks gentle, sophisticated and dynamic. If you want to add a little gothic notes, then the emphasis should be on black. A white bed in tandem with a black floor looks beautiful. The interior looks bold when one of the walls is painted black.
When decorating a bedroom, you can use black bedding, curtains or even window sashes. Each option attracts attention with its uniqueness and originality.
Natural shades are the golden mean between contrast and monochrome. The main place is occupied by a white bed, and the rest of the items are already being picked up under it. A headboard in a natural wood shade will perfectly match the wood floor. Warm colors are well suited for bedrooms that are located on the north side.
A bedroom in turquoise tones perfectly calms the nervous system. This shade goes well with white, so the room can be decorated with a white bed or wardrobe. A bedroom in turquoise is usually presented in a classic or modern style.
A room in peach tones looks gentle, sophisticated and soft. White furniture enhances the romance of the interior. The lilac bedroom can also have white furniture, which refreshes the interior and complements it perfectly.
The blue bedroom is perfect for relaxation and sound sleep. To prevent the interior from being too gloomy, it is worth adding light colors. A white bed or chest of drawers will look great against the blue walls.
To create a calm and peaceful atmosphere, a gray bedroom would be an excellent choice, since this shade is neutral.
It blends harmoniously with black and white furniture. However, dark elements will make the room look dark. Better to add snow-white accessories.
We select according to the style of the interior
White is versatile and can be used to create a wide variety of designs.
- The classic bedroom attracts attention with its luxury and opulence. In the classical style, white furniture is very often used, decorated with ornaments, gilding or curls.
- Snow-white furniture can decorate a bedroom in a modern style. It looks harmoniously in the Scandinavian and Mediterranean styles, fits perfectly into the Japanese style, which is characterized by laconicism, makes the Provence or shabby chic style more delicate. It will not be superfluous in ultra-modern directions - hi-tech or pop art.
- A loft-style bedroom is usually presented in earthy tones, but it can be complemented by a bleached wood cabinet. A white set decorated with prints in a pastel palette, or an antique wardrobe painted with white paint and complemented with lace, will fit perfectly into the shabby chic style.
- In the Provence style, it is worth combining white furniture with shades of natural wood. Such a tandem will create a bright, cozy bedroom for romantics.
- Renowned Russian manufacturer of high quality stylish furniture Ikea offers a wide variety of white beds, dressers, wardrobes and exquisite accessories that can be used to embody different styles.
Beautiful design options
- The classic option for decorating a bedroom is a combination of white and black. Glossy white bed with bedside tables, wardrobe, chest of drawers with a mirror are ideally combined with a black rug, bedding and lamps. The glossy floor makes the interior luxurious and majestic.
- To decorate a bright and light bedroom, designers often recommend using yellow shades. One wall looks beautiful, painted in bright yellow, in tandem with white walls. Natural wood flooring will perfectly complement the sophisticated interior. A bed with a white headboard, bedside tables with white facades and a snow-white wardrobe will perfectly complement the delicate design of the bedroom.
- The interior of the bedroom beautifully combines coffee and white colors. Accessories of a light green color will help to make the interior more vivid. Furniture of a brown shade with snow-white facades looks impressive and "rich". A rug in green shades will make the interior more fresh and vibrant.
In the meantime, there is no need to know about it. ”
- An interesting idea for bedroom decoration is a combination of red and white shades. A snow-white bed with a high headboard decorated with red ornaments is the central element of the interior. Against the background of the red wall, it looks elegant and unusual. The perfect complement to the bedroom design is a glossy red table.
For more information on choosing white furniture for the bedroom, see the video below.