For many users, the answer to the question of how to properly connect the speakers to a personal computer is relevant. It's no secret that you need the appropriate audio devices to watch videos, play games and listen to music. However, despite the apparent simplicity, sometimes certain problems may arise when connecting them.
On the modern market, there is now more than a wide range of speakers of different brands with different characteristics and functionality. It is the complexity of the device that determines the nuances of its integration. Based on this, before connecting the speakers to a computer, it is recommended to pay attention to studying the parameters of the equipment. It should be remembered that in some cases it will not be enough just to install audio devices in a convenient place by connecting them to the system unit.
Today, users have access to different types of speakers that can be combined with a PC. In each specific case, it will be necessary to take into account a number of design features and nuances of the device pairing algorithm. From the very beginning, you need to pay attention to wired speakers.
By the way, now you can purchase both budgetary and maximally simplified and more advanced models.
Many users can get in the way of wires on the table. At the same time, such speakers are characterized by maximum reliability, as well as ease of connection and operation. These devices interact without any difficulty with both new and outdated PC models. In a simplified form, the algorithm for connecting wired speakers includes the following steps:
- choosing a place to place speakers;
- connecting an audio device to the mains, some models are powered from a PC via a USB port;
- directly connecting the speakers;
- pairing the right and left speakers if necessary;
- launching any sound file, testing the device.
The second option that you can face is connecting a music center. If such equipment is available, it can be successfully used when playing audio files without additional financial costs. The process of pairing the system with a personal computer has a number of peculiarities, and therefore it is recommended to pay attention to some points.
- It is imperative to take care of the presence of a special wire, one end of which is equipped with MiniJack 3.5 connectors, and on the other there are so-called red and white tulips.
- The mentioned "tulips" should be placed in the corresponding slots of the music center, taking into account the colors.
- The MiniJack connects to the computer's audio output, which is marked in green. Turn on the center and select in the settings "Play from an external source" (AUX).
In situations with 5.1 speaker systems, sound is output from the speakers in the same way. When connecting, it is important to consider the colors of the plugs and sockets. By the way, it should be remembered that in this case, the PC must have a discrete, not an integrated sound card with the appropriate number of outputs.
At the moment , the popularity of wireless speakers is growing at a record pace . Naturally, their integration with a computer has its own characteristics. In such cases, the connection is made in Bluetooth format. If we are talking about modern laptop models, then no additional manipulations are required, since this option is preinstalled.
In situations with personal computers, you may need to install a special adapter in the form of a miniature USB device that looks like an ordinary USB flash drive.
Analyzing the nuances of pairing wireless speakers with a PC, it is worth highlighting a number of important points.
- First of all, you need to activate the audio device itself.
- Then you should turn on Bluetooth on the PC itself. If Windows 10 is installed on your computer, it will be enough to find the network icon in the tray and find Bluetooth in the list that opens after that. In situations with Windows 7, you will need to go to "Devices and Printers" to take the desired action.
- At the final stage, it remains only to activate the connection, following the prompts.
It is worth noting that, regardless of the operating system used, you can use the "Device Manager", which has a function for activating a wireless connection. After turning on Bluetooth, its icon will appear in the tray, by clicking on which you need to go to the section for adding devices. The computer and the speakers will find each other on their own, after which the first one will offer the user a connection.
Despite the seeming simplicity of the manipulations under consideration, PC owners often have difficulties in pairing different types of speakers. As already noted, in situations with conventional budget models, it will be enough to simply connect the speakers through the audio output. If you have purchased more modern and "sophisticated" devices, the algorithm can be significantly complicated. In some cases, relevant knowledge and skills may be required. It is for this reason that experienced users and specialists publish step-by-step instructions on many thematic resources.
The key moment of the whole process is the direct connection of the speakers to the PC. It is worth recalling that on the motherboard of the latter there are all the necessary outputs, into the connector of which you need to insert the plug. The desired socket is usually green and marked with Line Out. It is to him that wired speakers are connected.
In addition to the output on the motherboard, most modern PCs have its backup on the front panel of the system unit. However, as practice shows, using this jack most often degrades the sound quality, especially if audio devices without an amplifier are used. If we are talking about monoblock computers that are gaining popularity now, then you can connect the speakers to the monitor.
Portable speakers will need to be connected to a USB port at the initial stage . Larger models are included in the household electrical network.
Naturally, Bluetooth speakers are the easiest to pair with, since plugs are not required in such situations.
Another important point of the described algorithm is setting up the paired speakers and the computer itself. But before you check your audio system, you need to make sure you have the latest versions of all the necessary codecs and drivers. In the latest OS revisions, most of the software is pre-installed, but it's worth making sure.
To check the drivers you should:
- enter the "Start" menu;
- select the "Control Panel" tab;
- go to the "Device Manager";
- open the section "Sound, video and game controllers".
The next step is to directly search for information about the software installed on the computer. In the absence of this line with information, you will need to install the software. In some situations, problems with sound or its poor quality may be related to the lack of codecs or the use of outdated drivers.
After connecting external speakers and installing the appropriate software, you can proceed to the analysis and configuration of the system. The whole algorithm in this case is quite simple and includes the following manipulations:
- go to the "Control Panel" tab in the "Start" menu;
- open the "Sound" section;
- in the "Playback" menu, right-click on the connected speaker system and select the settings;
- in the tab that opens, configure audio channels and click "Next";
- when installing wideband audio devices, you need to activate them by ticking the corresponding lines.
Proper use of the setup wizard will maximize the quality of the reproduced sound. In this case, the best results can be achieved by manually adjusting the parameters. To do this, follow the instructions.
- In the "Playback" section, select the installed speakers and, by right-clicking on them, go to the "Properties" tab.
- In the "Level" section, adjust the volume settings, as well as the balance of the left and right speakers.
- Select, if desired, sound effects, taking into account the current configuration in the "Improvements" tab. This menu item provides options such as equalizer, pitch bend, and voice suppression and surround effects.
- At the final stage, you need to go to the "Advanced" item to set up the exclusive mode, as well as adjust the sampling rate and bit depth for the general mode.
After making all the listed changes, you must click "Apply". Otherwise, you may find yourself in a situation where all the steps were taken correctly, but the connected speakers do not work.
Configuring Realtek HD
In most cases, integrated sound cards work in HD Audio format. The most common software package is Realtek HD. This software allows you to configure all the parameters of the playback sound, as well as the recording of the corresponding files. To make the necessary changes, you will need to perform a number of actions.
- Download the latest version of the program from the developer's official website and install it.
- In the "Start" menu go to the "Control Panel" tab.
- Open Realtek HD Manager.
- In the window that opens, the item "Speaker configuration" will be displayed, in which you should configure the previously connected speakers. In the same section, you can activate wideband audio devices.
- Adjust the settings in the Sound Effects menu according to your personal preference. For this, the user is provided with a 10-band equalizer, as well as a whole arsenal of templates.
- By going to the "Standard format" tab, the user has the opportunity to make certain adjustments to parameters and formats - CD or DVD.
Using third-party software
Some users lack the built-in personal computer settings and Realtek HD capabilities. In such situations, you can use third party software. The functionality of such utilities is focused on editing all relevant parameters for playing sound files.
Today developers offer users more than a wide range of programs. Their lists and reviews can be found on many thematic sites and forums. By the way, we are talking about software for tuning, as well as sound amplification.
Connecting simple portable or large wired and Bluetooth speakers, inexperienced users often face a number of difficulties. In this case, we can talk not only about minor problems, for the elimination of which it will be enough to enable inactive functions or disable unnecessary options. In some situations, when trying to connect two or more columns, you have to solve quite serious problems.
Often in the process of connecting 2 or 4 speakers, you have to deal with different connectors. If the speaker plugs do not match the jacks on your PC, you will not be able to directly connect audio devices and you will have to use adapters.
It is important to take into account that it is better not to install more than one adapter, otherwise the increased power consumption of the computer will be required.
Taking into account all the technical nuances, we can conclude that using different adapters is quite risky. The most rational solution would be to replace the stereo speaker system. This will minimize the risk of serious damage.
The most common problem is, of course, the lack of sound from the speakers. In such situations, identifying the source of the problem will be key. To do this, you need to pay attention to some important points.
- If there is an indication on the speakers after connection, it means that they are receiving power. To exclude the option with the failure of the acoustics, if possible, you can try to connect the second speakers.
- If the speakers are working, but there is still no sound, then it is worth checking the volume level in the settings and on the devices themselves.
- Loose connectors are often the source of problems.
In addition to all of the above, one of the common symptoms of problems is the presence of noise and sound distortion. The list of reasons for such situations includes:
- manufacturing defect;
- connection errors;
- damage to wires;
- use of adapters;
- software crashes.
Naturally, this is an incomplete list of possible malfunctions and solutions to the problem. In particular, the sound may be absent or of poor quality due to virus infection on your computer. In such situations, you will need to "treat" the system or reinstall it.
For information on how to connect speakers to a computer, see the next video.