Arrangement of a country house or cottage requires considerable effort, time and financial costs. Each owner wants his house to be unique and beautiful. It is equally important that the repairs are carried out at a high level and quality materials. Increased requirements are imposed on external finishing, since the facing material is exposed to the aggressive effects of natural phenomena. Siding is one of the best options in this regard. Let's try to figure out why it is worth giving preference to this particular material.
A wide range of finishing materials for facades is presented on the construction market. Let's consider the main ones.
The most common material for outdoor decoration. Such popular love for him is due to the indisputable merits of this raw material. This siding is a sleek panel that is lightweight. The color palette offered by manufacturers is able to satisfy the requirements of the most demanding client. These are plain options, imitation of wood, brick or stone.
Other advantages of this material include the following properties:
- democratic price;
- easy installation due to the low weight of the panels;
- long service life (high-quality material can last about 50 years);
- environmental friendliness (does not emit toxins and other harmful substances hazardous to health);
- wide temperature range at which vinyl siding can be used.
This is a real noble material, which is so loved by connoisseurs of natural and ecological. More recently, this type of facing material was the most popular. This is due to the fact that before there was no such modern alternative as metal or vinyl siding. Today, wood siding has significantly lost ground.
It's all about the unjustified high cost of the material. In comparison with its counterparts, it does not have such a long service life. It will be necessary to treat with protective equipment and renew the painted elements regularly. This, of course, forces most users to refuse to use it in the design of the facade.
Few people know, but this type of siding also exists. It is made of high quality concrete and cellulose. This combination allows for high strength.
This type of siding:
- does not deform with temperature drops;
- resistant to all the vagaries of the weather (including snow, rain, hail, scorching sun and severe frosts);
- does not require additional antiseptic and other processing;
- is a fire-resistant material;
- if minor defects and damage appear, it can be easily restored without resorting to complete dismantling.
Houses with such a cladding look quite respectable. The disadvantages include the rather high price of the material itself and its installation.
The high price, rather complicated production technology and no less complicated installation lead to low demand for this type of siding. In terms of its main characteristics, it can be compared with its cement counterpart. If you decide on such costs, in return you will get an excellent appearance, excellent heat and sound insulation for many years.
This type of siding is a direct competitor to the vinyl counterpart. It can be found not only on the facades of private houses, but also in the decoration of public buildings. It is made from three metals: steel, zinc and aluminum. The general advantages of all three types of metal siding include high strength. Modern manufacturers have learned to make panels that are almost impossible to distinguish outwardly from real brick, wood or stone.
The basement of any house is more often subjected to mechanical stress. In addition, puddles can form at the base, and snow can fall in winter. Higher requirements are imposed on the technical characteristics of basement siding. It must be a particularly strong material that is not subject to deformation and is resistant to moisture. It contains especially strong polymers. The rich color spectrum and the strength reinforced due to the thickness make it indispensable for finishing the most vulnerable areas of the building. Such material is more expensive than conventional counterparts, but it does an excellent job with its functions.
When analyzing the advantages and disadvantages, we will talk about vinyl and metal material, since this is what they mean when they talk about cladding a house with siding.
- It is resistant to sunlight, ultraviolet light, gusts of wind and other natural phenomena that it will have to face during operation.
- This material protects the walls of the building from negative influences. If it was installed on old structures, it is able to prevent their further destruction. But for this, the old surface must be treated with a primer before sheathing.
- It is characterized by easy installation and replacement of individual elements, if the need arises.
- Siding can retain its original appearance for many years. It does not need to be additionally painted, treated with protective agents. The only thing that will be needed is to wash it. Raindrops, wind with dust particles do not make it cleaner. So that he always pleases you with his appearance, arrange a wash at least once a year.
Severe frosts can make vinyl siding quite brittle. Therefore, try to avoid unnecessary stress and mechanical stress on it. Upon contact with fire, deformation of the material is inevitable (it can simply melt). In this case, dismantling is indispensable.
Do not think that with the help of a limited color palette it is impossible to create a unique design project for the exterior of a house. At all times, preference was given to natural materials, which siding imitates. Only at the same time it costs several times cheaper.
Today on the market you can find the following siding options:
- imitation for stone, brick, crushed stone;
- ship board or timber;
- plain options;
- block house.
If you have a one-story house, it is best to choose one primary color. Do not think that this will be a large single-color spot, because plinth elements and corner panels of a different shade will give it a finished laconic look.
Classic combinations of white and black, wood and brick textures will allow you to turn your country house into a fairytale castle or a cozy log estate. Do not limit your imagination, and experienced architects and designers will tell you the most advantageous color combination.
Examples of beautiful design
It's hard to believe, but in the pictures below, we see not a natural brick or a log, but siding. It is difficult to distinguish it from natural material at first glance. And given its long service life and competitive price, it becomes the ideal cladding option. Use these design ideas as a source of inspiration.
Modern siding meets all the basic requirements for facing material. If you are thinking about transforming your old country house or planning the exterior decoration of a newly built cottage, you should definitely pay attention to it. It is practical and beautiful, it will delight the eye for a long time, and fulfill its basic protective functions. Make your home beautiful both inside and out.
You will learn how to properly sheathe a house with siding in the next video.